Colorado Springs Dental Crowns & Related
Dental Crowns at a VALUE you’ve come to expect from Star Dental.
You may be searching for a dental crown for several different reasons, and Star Dental can help.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is cemented over a tooth to repair its shape and size, strength, and/or to improve its appearance.
The dentist will do an evaluation to determine if installing a crown is the correct solution to:
- Anchor a dental bridge.
- Cover and protect a weak tooth, typically from decay.
- Cover and reinforce a tooth which has a large filling and very little tooth structure left.
- Encase a dental implant.
- Reinforce a tooth that has undergone a root canal.
- Repair a broken tooth.
- Repair a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- Repair teeth that are misshaped or severely discolored.
- Stabilize sections of a tooth that has been cracked.
If you are a good candidate, the dentist will take an impression, prepare your tooth for the crown, and make a temporary crown that will be used while your permanent crown is created at a dental laboratory. The permanent crown is typically available within two to three weeks.
During the second visit, the dentist will take out the temporary crown, ensure the fit and color of the permanent crown is correct, and cement it into place.